Pages

Wednesday 12 August 2020

For Or Against - Space Exploration

Hello guys, here is my reading task for this week. 

Me and a partner read a book called Space Exploration and the book was kind of like a debate. One side of the debate is talking about how exploring space is a waste of money and they think that we should spend that money on medicine and looking for cures.

But then the other side of the debate said that they think that exploring space is needed and they also believe that one day it will save the world.

Goals: Use knowledge from text to combine with new ideas (own and others) to come up with new thinking

Make connections between other texts and general knowledge to expand meaning and pose questions, using more sophisticated texts.

Here is our opinion:


Relationships with other texts:

I have found that usually debates like this have rhetorical questions. I’ve also found that the good arguments point out not only the bad things about the other side but the what people can benefit from their own.


My new thinking:

I think that when you are writing something like a speech or debate you need something to make the listener/reader think and that’s why you would want to put in some hard hitting rhetorical questions.



Thanks for reading my blog.

What do you think about this situation?


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.