Pages

Wednesday 12 August 2020

Speech Planning - Part two

 Kia Ora everyone, here is my writing task done for this week. 

We basically had to just write the second paragraph for our speech. But I have now properly decided on what I am basing my speech on and it is - Making school affordable for everyone and decreasing the amount of poverty

Here is my Draft:

57,000,000

A strangely big number, am I right?

Could you imagine sitting there, not being able to move forward in life, because you know that your education was not efficient enough to give you a well deserved career?

Let me reiterate this number, 57,000,000, that's how many kids have to miss out on an education and a bright future. It's unbelievable to imagine that instead of being where you are today you could be like those people, sitting at home, looking for some leftover scraps in the cupboard, all because you weren’t qualified enough to get a proper, well paid job. 


Overwhelmed, that's how you should feel, listening to this, because I’m telling you now that this is one big, world wide challenge that needs all of us if something was going to even change the slightest.

Now, now is the time to change this, now is the time to realise that we are facing a huge crisis that will affect our future and the generation to come. You can make a change, put yourself out there and let people know that you are willing to help them.


Hope you like how I have started my plan, what are some more world wide problems that you could think of?


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.