Pages

Wednesday 15 April 2020

Maths Task Tessellations

Hi guys, I'm so glad to be back and be doing some online learning!!
So the first task I have completed for this week has been my maths task, therefore that's what I would like to show you in this post.

As you may know from the title, we have been introduced to Tessellations. Our goal is:
Goal: Identify and use the features of a figure that do not change (invariant properties) as it is reflected, rotated, translated or enlarged.

We had to watch some videos to get the right understanding about what tessellations really were and the rules that go along with them.
A tessellation is a shape that can be repeated by itself and connect with no gaps. The three rules for tessellations are:
1. Translation
2. Rotation
3. Glide reflection
Basically you have to have on of these rules in your shape if you were to create a tessellation. So the shape must be able to connect with itself.

We also used Jamboard to answer some questions and gather together what Tessellations really means.

Here is my Tessellation:

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and I hope you come back for more.

What are some other shapes that could make a tessellation?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Petra

    Great blog post! I can see that you have a great understanding of what tessellation's are and how to create one! The tessellation you have created is very cool - I love the colours you have used, it looks very effective. Keep up the great work! ✔️

    Miss Henderson

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.