Pages

Friday 1 May 2020

Writing Task - Complex Sentences

Hi bloggers, today I give you my writing task for this week.

My goal is...
Use complex sentences that are grammatically correct / proofread for spelling, grammar and punctuation.

For this task we got to do some fun things such as playing with independent clauses and Dependent clauses.

The way we did this is that first everybody had to write down an independent clause, next you had to go after somebody else's clause and write an independent clause.
We did the same with the depended clauses.

Some of the sentences we came up with were..


I found a bug - it was tasty.

I watered my fish - but it had already drowned.

As you can probably see we were trying to be creative with the sentences and just have a bit of fun.


Next we had to write a short story with at least four complex sentences throughout it. Besides that you could just have four complex sentences and that could be your whole story.

I decided to change it up a little though so here's my create task:




What's the difference between a compound sentence and a complex sentence?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.