Pages

Friday 8 May 2020

Writing Poems

Hey, welcome back.
Today I'm going to share with you my writing task for the week, my goal was:
Select words and phrases to enhance meaning and/or mood and confidently shape ideas for effect.

In the workshop we were learning about a type of poem called a Diamante Poem. We watched a few videos about them and then watched a video on what makes a poem a poem.

I decided to write two diamante poems and also had to write another random poem. Being honest on my other poem Stranded, it was going to be a limerick but then I sought of just carried on and made a structure of my own.
I ended up writing my diamante poems about Night & Day and also Hockey & Dance because those are two things I can relate to so I can make the words more interesting.

You do not need to make your poem about two different things it could be about sought of the same things just with a change of word, such as Dog & Puppy.

When we were in our second workshop we talked about meaningful words in our poems and why they would create mood. I ended up choosing Storytelling, Mysterious & Golden. I chose these because I felt like they added depth to the poem and went further than your average words.

Next I writ my definition of a poem, I didn't need to do this just like I didn't need to do the second diamante poem but I felt like putting something else extra in.
You may not be able to read it clearly from the picture so I'll just put it here:

My Definition of a Poem:

A poem can be known as a form of speech, a form of words, a form of music and even a form of art. It can’t be defined by just one of these things, it’s never limited. 
A poem’s about being creative and sharing a piece of your mind, or someone else's mind and editing it with your own language and changing it with your own thoughts.
A poem could even be about a story, it’s about finding the deepest parts and turning it into something intriguing to listen to, read, and even see.
When you write a poem it’s about expressing new ideas or feelings and finding the most meaningful and heartfelt words to show.

And that’s how I’d define the word Poem




How would you describe a poem and what makes a poem a poem?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.