Pages

Thursday 14 May 2020

Reading 1-2-3 Task

Hey everybody.
For my reading task for this week the teachers gave us something a little bit different.
I call it he 1-2-3 task.
First we had four different articles to choose out of, I chose one about the Arts and Music in primary school.
The author is basically saying that the Arts and Music should be more embraced for younger children and in their schools. The author knows that some kids may struggle with the usual curricular but find that music really helps them with concentration and just learning in general.

To do this task we had to do 3 Questions, 2 Proven facts and 1 opinion of our own.
So it's basically called the 3-2-1 challenge aha.

Because it's a bit hard to read I'll give you a little snippet of each number:

Q2) Do you think that the Arts and Music should be given the same amount of time as the other main curriculars such as maths and reading, or are you just saying that schools should embrace them more?

Fact 1) Playing an instrument benefits creativity, spatial-temporal ability, IQ scores and reading and language. It can also improve motivation and behaviour for secondary school children.

Research: From the website on the link below it tells you all the benefits from playing and instrument and even listening to music. It says it can help your concentration skills, mental skill ect.


(The research is to back up the fact from another source).

Opinion 1)
In my opinion, I mainly agree with this author, and although I know that lot’s of kids don’t enjoy the arts or feel like their not good enough, others need that encouragement to keep going in life.
I think it would be good to step it up a notch and make it a more important thing in kids curricular.

Goal: Use questions to challenge the text, question the author, establish the authenticity of the text and state opinions.

Here's my task:



Thanks for reading, I hope you come back for more. :)

Do you think they should embrace the Arts and Music more for younger children?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.