Pages

Thursday 25 June 2020

Shapes & Nets - Maths Task

Hello everyone, here is my maths blog for this week.

We were learning about shapes and nets and I have been focusing on two different goals.

Goal 1)  Level 4 - Relate 3D models to 2D representations, and vice versa

Goal 2) Level 4 - Identify and sort 2D and 3D shapes into classes. Define the properties of the shapes and justify the decisions made.

For the first goal here is the link to what I needed to do: Link
Q1:
a. Her net was right and I know because I tested it and it made what she wanted it to
b. I could also work in the shape below. (in the shape of a W)


Q2:
a. Her half a net was correct and I managed to make it



This is the full net


Q3:
Here is an icosahedron and I made a net below.



Q4:
I made this one just forgot to take a picture so here is what it would've looked like...


Here is my next task:


What other things can you find in the shape of a cone that I have not already named?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.